Thursday, September 24, 2009

CASE OF THE EX

It is Saturday and I have to be at a party with my cousin Danielle. There is this lady at her job that is throwing her thirtieth birthday party in grand style. I went to Macy’s yesterday to buy a nice outfit, it is a black Anne Klein dress and I am wearing these nice Jessica Simpson high heeled shoes. Danielle is in the other room trying to struggle into her outfit. Her boyfriend is going to pick us up.


“I hope this dress is not too tight” she asks me.

“You look like a hooker” I respond. She is wearing this funny looking black and white striped backless dress.

“That’s mean” Danielle responded giving me the look.

“Really” I replied laughing, “But you asked, that outfit is ridiculous”

“Okay, I have to change into something else then.



Half an hour later we were on the road. Danielle’s boyfriend Douglas came to pick us up in his Nissan Maxima. We got there about an hour later and the party was in full swing. There were tons of young ladies and young men. Everyone was chatting, eating, drinking or dancing. Douglas was Danielle on the dance floor, I had to engage myself in something, I refused to dance with the young man who had asked me to dance telling him I had a slight headache. He was not persistent, that was one of the things I liked about him. I decided to get something to eat, I didn’t know half the people in this place and when Danielle was talking about the party she made it seem that some of our friends would be there. I walked past the dance floor and went to the buffet table, I was just going to get some grilled fish when someone tapped me on my shoulder, I turned around and I got the greatest shock of my life, it was my ex boyfriend Stanley. I hadn’t seen Stanley since we broke up. He looked really good in his white tuxedo, he had a clean shave.

“Hey stranger” he greeted.

“Hello” I responded.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me.

“What are you doing here” I asked him too. What kind of dumb question was that? We are both at a party what else do people do at parties.

“I am here for my friend’s party” he told me.

“I came here with Danielle” I told him and just then Danielle appeared. She had a smirk on her face as soon as she saw him. He smiled at her. Danielle never hid her feelings. She didn’t like him especially after the way he treated me. Danielle stood up for me.

Stanley and I dated for two years, all of a sudden, he started acting weird, when I called him, it would go straight to voice mail, I can’t remember how many messages I left for him but he never called me back, I called him at the office, no response, even his co workers Betty MacMillan started becoming really rude the last time I called the office she answered.

“Hi Betty,” I began

“Hi” she replied, usually she sounded very unfriendly but today it was either she was having a bad day or I was irritating her.

“Can I speak with Stanley please?” I asked her.

“He is not here at the moment, he went for a meeting and he would be busy for the rest of the day.” She informed me rather spitefully.

“Did he ask you to inform me of this when I call?” I asked her because I didn’t ask her for those details, he was probably talking crap about me at the office.

“I just thought I should let you know” she responded

“Thanks” I replied and then I hung up the phone.

1 comment: