Sunday, October 11, 2009

925.................................................

I don’t want to say that this is fate but must I keep running into Phillip everywhere I go, and even if I had to run into him somewhere why does it have to be at my job. I was walking into one of the offices when I saw a familiar figure coming to my direction, I hadn’t seen him since the last time I saw him at the ATM machine and that was probably why he showed up at my job.


“Hey” he said as he walked confidently towards me.

“Hi” I replied nervously butterflies were fluttering around my stomach. Well now I can’t be too sure of that or maybe its hunger pangs. I look at the giant clock in the hallway, its almost 2.30pm.

“What are you up to?” he asked, I was about to ask if he was blind, if he couldn’t see that work was actually what I was up to.

“Nothing really, just work, it’s a busy day today, and what are you doing here.” I asked him.

“I er………………….” He began and hesitated for a second, I could tell he was about to tell a lie and then I looked into his eyes and he started laughing.

“What’s funny?” I asked him.

“Well I came to see you. “he responded.

“Not a great time if must say” I replied. I was about to scream Hallelujah on the inside, Phillip Bordeaux came to see me. I have just won love lotto. Are you kidding me.

“I understand, I actually just dropped someone off here and I decided to step in to see you, I remember you told me you work here.” He told me. I looked at him. I remember telling him I work at Kirkland Guild but not this branch, he must have tracked me down somehow but at least he found me.

“Oh okay” I reply trying to keep my composure, he looked into my eyes.

“Can I get your number so I could give you a call like maybe later, so we could talk.

Of course darling the only reason you would call me is to talk. Definitely I would give you my number before one of the chief admins passes by.

“Alright, its 925……………………………………”

No comments:

Post a Comment