Friday, September 18, 2009

PHILLIP

I haven’t stopped thinking of Phillip Bordeaux since I first met him. I also need to find out more about him. Danielle and I had a great lunch that day and I told her about him.


“Well do what you need to do; I am so looking forward to your wedding.” She told me and I looked at her in amazement.

“Why must you always think about marriage, he doesn’t even know anything about me other than my name?”

“Well, I think if someone is going on a journey, one needs to know where they are going?” If he is not going to have a relationship with you, why do you want to waste your time and your emotions on something that is not likely to move forward.”

I think she has a point but she is not going about it the right way. You can’t just tell a man that if there are no marriage plans he can’t be with you and sometimes I have witnessed situations where a woman thinks she has found the right man and realizes that the man does not feel the same way about her so in this situation what do you want her to do.

“Danielle, every man cannot be like your boyfriend.”

“Well then I must have the best boyfriend in the whole wide world”

Not necessarily, I think I am just lucky to have someone like him”

“Yeah yeah” I replied rolling my eyes.

Phillip Bordeaux has been in my thoughts even in my dreams. Goodness. I am falling in love with a stranger. Today is my lucky day. Guess who I ran into at the ATM machine. I had just pulled up in front of the bank. The bank had closed. It was past seven o’clock in the evening. I had to deposit a check into my account; I sat in my car and signed the back of the check. I came out of the car and walked towards the ATM terminal. I had just put the envelope into the machine when I heard a car pull up. I turned to see who it was, I saw it was a man but I didn’t see him clearly. I quickly braced myself, took the receipt and my card out of the machine. I was walking towards my parked car when I heard my name in a familiar voice.

“Rose of Sharon” the man called out and I looked. My heart skipped a beat. It was Phillip.

“Hi, Mr. Bordeaux” I responded standing still. He looked good this evening, he looked like he was either going to the tennis court or coming from it. I couldn’t help but stare at his long legs. He was looking really good.

“Phillip” he corrected me as he walked towards me.

“Oh, my bad, how are you doing this evening?” I asked

‘Definitely doing fine. I just got back from playing tennis with my colleague at work,” he told me staring at me. I almost shivered. I was wearing a white long sleeved blouse which had a collar and a short skirt, the first two buttons of my blouse were open so he must have been getting a proper glimpse of my two naughty girls popping out of my half cup bra.

“Oh, I just got off from work” I told him.

“Where do you work?” he asked me.

“Kirkland Guild’ I replied

“Medical?”

“Clerical” and I laughed, I am sure he expected me to be a nurse of some sort sorry to disappoint him, I am not even wearing scrubs.

“Interesting”

“Where do you work?”

“Benson Equipment”

“Nice.”

“I used to work for Gerald & Thompson Labs and then I got laid off so now I work for Benson Equipment.”

“Pretty good” I replied not knowing what else to say. “Anyway it was nice seeing you after last week.” I told him.

“Nice seeing you too, did you ever get to find Daniel?” he asked.

“No, he didn’t show up.” I told him.I can't believe that he still remembers Daniel my ficititious character. He must have seen me with Danielle and I am not ready to talk too much today.

“Anyway have a good evening”

“You too”

1 comment: