Monday, September 14, 2009

ROSEOFSHARON & PHILLIP

Finally a thought comes into my head and I stand up to go and over to his table.


“Hi” I begin and he looks at me. I don’t know what is running through his mind but his facial expression does not really change much.

“Hi, my name is Rose of Sharon, I am supposed to meet someone here called Daniel” I tell him.
“Are you Daniel?” I ask him.
The man looks at me, he has a clean cut face. I am loving this. I take a closer look at his Blackberry. It is a Blackberry Curve, the Javelin the newest one. This is amazing.

“My name is not Daniel, I am afraid I am not the one you are looking for.” He replied politely.

“Oh I am really sorry to bother you, my company sent me here to meet with this person and I don’t know who the person is unfortunately, I have been waiting for an hour and if Daniel is not here within the next ten minutes, I would take my leave.” I tell him.

“It’s alright, and what did you say your name was again?” he asked me, I almost blushed, everyone who hears my name of the first time always asks me to repeat it again. Since elementary school, I have been teased to have the longest name which has three words, like saying Lily of the Valley or President of America or United States of America.

“Rose of Sharon” I replied.

“That’s your name like for real” he asked me. I smile, he grins, my heart has just skipped three beats and I wonder why I am not on the floor yet, he has a great smile. He is a very handsome man, I must say.

“Yes, Rose of Sharon Jones” I reply.

“Very unique name, very nice” he tells me.

“And what is your name?” I ask him. After carrying a friendly conversation for a minute I think I have a right to know his name since he knows mine already.

“Daniel Williams” he replied.

“Your name is Daniel?” I asked. I was about to pass out, are you kidding me, so I just freaking made up a crappy story and now his name is Daniel. All of a sudden I am hoping and praying that my cousin Danielle doesn’t walk into the restaurant because she is going to come over here and holla and ruin my little plot with her big mouth.

“No, I was just messing with you.” He laughed realizing the look on my face. “ My name is Phillip Bordeaux” he told me.

I shake my head, a French last name, I like his first name, Phillip.

“Nice to meet you Phillip,” I tell him.

“You are welcome” he replies. I move away from his table and I change my spot to the far end of the restaurant. My phone begins to vibrate again and I sure with no doubt that Danielle is the one sending me this message.

Cousin, I am so sorry, I should be there in 5 mins, I had to pick up something from the store real quick

Good. Knowing his name will help my plan fall into place. Phillip Bordeaux, Rose of Sharon Jones has got her eye on you and this won’t be the last time you will see me. I turned to look at him and I see a lady in a black skirt suit walk up to his table, he stands up and pulls the chair out for her to sit in. I can’t believe my eyes. Is that his girlfriend, co worker, lover or wife? He had no ring on. Anyway, I have a battle to fight and that sister over there is not going to win this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment