Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A NEW PLACE TO CALL HOME

I got on the Greyhound Bus after paying $25. It is a really big bus, relaxing and away from everything I know. I wish I could find my sister but I can’t I remember when everything was perfect until mother died and father was so heartbroken he walked away. He couldn’t cope. He lost his job because he grieved so much and could no longer concentrate. He could not take care of us like mother did. Mother was ill in the hospital for a long time. Mother was his best friend and companion and in this world no one would replace her in his life. After mom died nothing was the same anymore.

I had become a beauty overnight. I had become quite something to look at. I had the most beautiful and curvy body ever. I had developed into a young woman very quickly. I found a job as a dishwasher in a small restaurant which had a grill and bar. It was owned by a little lady called Cece. After Cece heard my pathetic story  decided to take me in. I lived in a room in Cece's house which in exchange I washed dishes and did many other house chores. For a girl my age I had too much on her plate. School was no longer my priority and Cece did not encourage me to go either. Cece had a son named James and a daughter named Janelle. James had a greet liking for me. It wasn't just a platonic liking, he was sexually attracted to me. I didn't care much for James, I was traumatized at the thought of not seeing her siblings. She watched James and Janelle yell at each other. It wasn't like that in my own home. Janelle was rather hot tempered. She was sixteen years old with a steady boyfriend who is a roadside mechanic.  Cece who is a single mother has no control over the choice her daughter has made. Janelle claims that she and her boyfriend Jamal are truly in love with each other.   I don’t understand what love is anymore, if the love between my parents ended when my mother died, then I have no reason to be dribbling in the love thing. Cece worked my butt off at her little restaurant but I also learned how to cook a lot of stuff. James came to help out in the evenings and also to chat with me. He was very friendly and a lot of ladies liked him but he had his eyes on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment