Sunday, January 3, 2010

HIM

I hadn’t seen him since college and all those memories came back to me. He hadn’t aged since the last time I saw him and that was what brought back those memories
***************************************************************************
Back in UC Berkeley I had the best room mates in the world, Susan and Jenny. We always had a good time, we always had somewhere to go every weekend and it was at one of the social events I met him. I couldn’t forget that moment. Susan was talking to him and I walked up to her to give her the camera and then all of a sudden they stopped speaking and looked at me. I looked into his eyes. I sized him up to, he was well shaven and smelled real good. Susan introduced us and we ended up spending the whole night talking. We talked about everything from school to cars, internships, travel abroad program, credit cards. I liked him, he had a great sense of humor and he knew how to keep a conversation going very well. I wondered if he had a girlfriend and I figured out he probably didn’t or else he wouldn’t spend so much time talking to me. No female would leave her man out there for some other woman to prey on for too long. Some female would have come for him a long time ago. Just as our conversation was beginning to get personal, Jenny appeared from nowhere

“Cassandra, I have been looking high and low for you, its time to go, Susan is ready?” she said without acknowledging his presence. I was about to speak and she walked away. I said goodnight to him and walked away. I was tempted to turn back to look at him but I didn’t. What surprised me most was that he didn’t ask me for my number. He probably was not interested in me. He probably just needed someone to keep him company or pass time and I happened to fall prey for that. There were so many other people at the party I could have met but instead I chose to stay tied to him in the back like a sacrificial animal.
In the car, Susan and Jenny teased me about him and I couldn’t understand why.
“You should have seen the look on Cassie’s face, she didn’t even want to leave.” Jenny said.
“That’s not true, you were so rude you didn’t even say hello to him.” I replied defensively.
“I am not worried about whether I was rude to him or not and you should know by now that I don’t care whatever men decide to think when they see me.” Jenny said. Jenny was no longer interested in men. She went from one bad relationship to another and things never seemed to improve with the next guy. I think she carried all her baggage from her previous relationships and put them on the next one and for men that’s not a good thing.

4 comments:

  1. Roseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I stumbled across thy blog.. Finally lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of what i used to read in qc.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok,i have read this like a million times now. Please where is the next installment?

    ReplyDelete