Monday, May 3, 2010

PAMELA AND DIMABO

“Hey” I said trying to make both of them feel comfortable. They looked tense. They didn’t know I heard their conversation.
“Hey” Pamela replied uncomfortably. “Okay, you need to leave now, I will talk to you later.” she told the young man, Dimabo.
“Oh no, I hope I didn’t interrupt anything” I said. I knew she didn’t want him around when I was there.
“No you didn’t he was just taking his leave when you walked in, isn’t it?” she asked him and Dimabo innocently shook his head.  I looked at both of them and the word foolish was the first thing that came to my mind.

Pamela sat on her bed watching television in her room when I walked in. She looked at me with bloodshot eyes. She had probably been sniffing on her white powder.
"How was your day?" I asked her.
"It was great" she responded and before she could say something else her cell phone began to ring, she looked at the screen on her I phone and answered the call.
"Hello" she began, she stood up and walked away from the room. I tried to strain my ears to listen to the conversation. She seemed clearly upset and I have no idea why. She was beginning to act really strange. Usually she made all her phone calls in my presence. Ever since I caught her with the guy selling the stuff, she started avoiding  me, we didn’t study together as usual and she became a recluse. She walked back into the room and took the remote control on the bed and changed the channel on TV. I decided to break the silence because it was getting too loud.
“What’s going on, you have been acting strange lately?”
I asked her.
She looked at me confused.
“How?” she asked me.
“We don’t even kick it together anymore, we don’t have group study we don’t talk that much, I hope you are okay, have I offended you in any way?” I asked her.
“No you haven’t I have just been busy that’s all.” she responded not looking in my eyes, I knew she was lying and she probably thought that I knew she was lying as well. I took my leave and went to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment