Wednesday, September 9, 2009

INTRODUCING :CASSANDRA FULLERTON PADMORE

I don't think there is anything as bad as waking up beside you to look at someone you have grown to hate within a few weeks. I am staring at the calendar on the wall beside my bed. It's my eighth wedding anniversary. Eight years has gone by so quickly i cannot believe it. I have dreaded this day so bad in the last three weeks. Three weeks ago, Lawrence and i began to grow apart. We have started living like "worse than room mates" in the house. He comes home after i am in bed and leaves before i wake up. The weekends are even worse, he goes off to play golf with his friends and when i cook he doesn't even eat, he either leaves it on the kitchen counter but soemtimes he is considerate enough to put it in the fridge. Lawrence is any woman's dream man. When we first got married, everything was like sugar and honey in the same tea. He was really caring and all. He played his part as a husband perfectly. We went on vacations twice a year, Valerie , our only child came three years later. She was the most adorable, little child at birth. My first pregnancy was much better than i expected, i was not nauseous like most of my friends who were always sick in the morning, all i did was sleep, i slept like a pampered little baby. Lawrence cooked for me. He also hired a young man called Timothy to clean the house once a week even when i told him not to do so. We always dined out on the weekends.
He threw me a very good surprise baby shower with my childhood best friend Monique also known as ZsaZsa. I call her Zsa Zsa because it is her favorite word for anything that does not make sense to her. The baby shower was awesome, there were over sixty guests and they all went home with little souvenirs. He was by my side when our daughter Valerie was born on the 18th day of May 2003 weighing 7lbs, she was 16 inches long. He held my hand all through Valerie's delivery which was like torture to him because he could not stand to see me in so much pain. Those were some memorable times in our marriage. We have had our ups and downs.
Our communication has actually broken down completely. We have so many Post it notes everywhere in the house because we don't even talk. Last week, he left me a Post It Note on the fridge.
"You need to figure out how to pick up Valerie from school"


I looked at the note in disgust, he usually picks Valerie up from from school, all of a sudden he is putting that responsiblity on me.
"On what days"

I wrote back and left the note on the screen of his HP laptop.

" Everyday"

He wrote back and left the note on my black Bible by my bedside. I am beginning to wonder why he wants me to pickher up from school everyday. I drop her off to school in the mornings and he is supposed to pick her up. What is going on? Yesterday, he wrote:

" I will be travelling tomorrow, its an official assignment and i will be gone for a week"

He is going on an official assignment on our wedding anniversary, what does he mean by that? Doesn't this marriage mean anything to him anymore? I don't want a divorce but these days we are living like strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment